Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nothing like family

It was going to be just a night we would have spent at my sister-in-law’s house , but as I posted before, we ended up staying longer, much longer due to Matt’s medical condition. My sister-in-law, Melissa, and her husband, Richard, put up with us day and night with laughter, screaming and long faces at times, not theirs, but ours. Melissa, expert in nutrition and fitness made sure that every day Matt would have a diet rich in fiber and that he would get plenty of rest. At the same time she would make sure our diet was MSG free, low fat, rich in vitamins and that I would get my antioxidants at night in a nice wine glass. She was able to push some exercises on me such as; a couple hour hike in a steep hill with a castle as our destination, a couple of zumba classes at the local gym, which I find its more my kind of exercise and a yoga class given by her. She also managed to make me feel guilty; every morning, when I woke up, she was already back from her morning run and had oatmeal-raisin cookies baking in the oven or when going shopping. I will miss our time spent in the kitchen, cutting the veggies, putting together dinners, observing how she came up with the best fresh tuna recipes I have ever tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment