Saturday, August 14, 2010

Waking up in Isla Parida

I hear Matt get up, put the water in the stove, open the jar of Nescafe, drops one teaspoon in a cup, 1 teaspoon of sugar and then fill the cup with boiling water. The aroma spreads quickly all over the boat. I rolled over and commenced to picture myself getting up and having one of those. It usually takes me a while to go from the picturing it to the doing it, but today, I was excited, I wanted it to see the place where we had dropped the anchorage last night. An island! An island in Panama!... The thought of an island is illusive; I had the illusion that I look a few pounds thinner, totally fit and gorgeous, the same feeling I get when being into the cobalt blue or turquoise green beaches that I may have described before. Despite the reality crashing onto me, it was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment