Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Isla Partida



Saturday. January 31st, 2010 we raised the anchor, fueled up at the marina and departed to the islands of Espiritu Santo and Partida. Spoted a couple of whales on the way, but other than that it was pretty uneventful motor sailing. We arrived a few hours later at El Cordonal, North of Isla Partida. Matt took the girls to the beach to get some energy burnt while I made diner.

The next morning we went for a hike up to a cave, I considered this activity challenging enough to do it by myself, but add two small children and my photo camera hanging on my neck made it almost a terrifying experience. I didn’t give up and neither did the girls, Matt guided us well. We made it! From the cave we spotted Pyxis arriving with James and Biff and a little later vessels Matilda, Dark Star, Sea Turtle and Keetya 1. The bay hosted 12 boats total that night.

The place is really beautiful, there are trails we followed, big tide changes we enjoyed putting our dinghy through, incredible reefs we didn’t snorkel, but kayaked and to top all that we had many friends to share the fun. Thank you Sam and Beth from Dark Star for your hospitality this day we enjoyed so much the evening.

Next morning we got invited to breakfast at Matilda’s, once again they hosted a meal and Catelin made the girls day. They were an incredible crew; Hayden, Catelin and Biff Matilda was probably the smallest boat we seen in our adventure, but the most warming. I am so glad I got to know all of you including Sharlene and Gary Peters (Hayden’s parents) who were visiting from Oregon. I hope we can keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment