Tuesday, March 9, 2010

La Cruz de Huanacaxle



We made our arrival in the afternoon and anchor in the busy bay, it feels that all the sudden everyone decided to go live the life like us. I cooked one of my known Mexican dishes “chilaquiles” and shared it for dinner with our friends from Tenacious.

The next morning we moved into the Marina Riviera Nayarit to enjoy one more time the luxury of unlimited supply of water, power, extended hot showers and the easy in and out of the docks. We would use the dinghy just to make fast trips to the yacht club and to go play in the beach.

The Marina is beautiful, just one block from the plaza and for only 0.56 cents a foot it is an unbeatable deal!. It is going through a mayor development, preparing for a boat show and the visit of President Calderon in a few weeks. The only complain I have is the unreliable Wi Fi service. I was able to use it once in the whole time we were there.

At the same dock we were there were three other boats with children, Samantha and Trinidad were at their best running up and down the dock and in and out of boats. Trinidad confessed to me today that a 5 year old boy, Casey, liked her and she thought he wanted to go on a date.. plop! I guess my little baby girl is growing faster than we think.

The town is charmed by its simplicity, live music, , we enjoyed the walks to the ice cream shop, the bakery, the laundry, the markets, the church and to the bus that would take us to the towns of Bucerias and Puerto Vallarta. We particularly enjoyed the Tacos for 10 pesos made by Claudia, who would prepare fresh tortillas and your choice of Carne Asada, Carnitas, birria or Shrimp. It was here that I was introduced to the Noni fruit, highly nutritious and horrible taste by itself. Claudia assured me that mixed in juices would surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment